What subject(s) do you teach? When was that last time you explored an unknown or created something new in that field? Try it out and then write out the steps you took and the questions you asked yourself along the way. Then model it, thinking aloud in front of your students!
- Solve a challenging (to you) problem
- Set up an equation based on a set of knowns and unknowns based on something you are interested in
- Create something beautiful
Social Studies =
- Construct an account of an unfamiliar (to you) situation based on several and even competing sources
- Conduct an experiment; develop a question and hypothesis and then test it out
Categories: Stage 4: Disciplinary Thinking