All parents want their children to be happy and to develop into unique individuals — figuring how to facilitate that is the hard part! Learn about the latest research into happiness, cognitive development and cultivating passion. This workshop will help you to reflect on your goals for your children while developing an action plan and a parenting mission statement to guide your efforts.
Parenting is the most deeply personal thing we will ever do. I will not tell you what to do with your kid — that is for you to decide. This is not a Tiger Mom kind of workshop. It is simply an analysis of the ways in which the world is changing and the latest research into emotional and cognitive development.
November 19, 2016
9 am – 11 am
KIDS Preschool Part of KSI
Carrera 11A #69-75
60,000 pesos per person
We will answer questions such as:
- How can I help my child develop into a happy, unique individual with a purpose-driven life?
- How has the world changed since were were kids and what can we do to help our children navigate it?
- Why is the current model of schooling inadequate for our changing times?
- What is the latest research on emotional and cognitive development and what does it mean for parenting?
- Overview of education implications of our changing world from birth to college and career
- Annotated book list with key points from over 10 parenting and education books
- Tips for nannies in Spanish
- Personalized action plan for thoughtful parenting
- Household organization and healthy living tips for busy parents
- Tools to help your child find his or her passion
- Q and A with Julie
About the Facilitator:
Julie Harris Stern is an author, curriculum developer, teacher trainer and leadership coach. She co-founded Education to Save the World to equip educators with tools to transform teaching and learning to meet the demands of the 21st Century. She is a verified Master Trainer and has certificates in Change Management and Coaching. She has degrees in Sociology, Psychology and International Education. She is also a mom of an energetic boy — which is why she became passionate about helping parents to take the lead in their children’s education.
I felt like my eyes were opened to many things. I really appreciate all the research that was put into this workshop. – Mary, 2 kids
I feel ready and more empowered as a parent. When you get pregnant and have a little tiny baby, you don’t think about your legacy as a parent. This workshop provided me with the tools to do that. – Hannah, 1 kid
This workshop is action-oriented. It was great and I think everyone should attend. – Kathryn, 1 kid
Julie is inspiring, knowledgeable and a visionary. – Ms. Salcido, founder of Chavez Schools
Julie is perhaps the most professional, well-informed and generous person I have encountered in my tenure as a teacher. – Laura, teacher trained by Julie